Monday, November 3, 2014

Night Road Kill


With my husband's knowledge of skinning, butchering, and tanning hides, comes many interesting and unexpected phone calls and visits from neighbors and friends. 
Tonight, we got a knock on the door a bit past seven in the evening. Our very excited neighbor had an extra knife and a road kill yearling doe in the back of his pickup for my husband to process. So, out of his pajamas, nix the plan on watching a show, and into the night my husband goes to fill our freezer once again with fresh roadkill venison for the second time this fall. I'm grateful, on this frosty night, for our kind neighbor helping out with the dirty work while I sit by the fire blogging and spinning. I'll do my part by making some tasty venison dishes this week.   




Thanks Steve!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment