Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Wooly Gifts




I'm not ashamed to say it so I will: I cannot thread a sewing machine. Well, maybe I'm a little ashamed…once, long ago before I had met my excellent sewer of a husband, I was able to thread my mother's old Singer with the manual. I had to look at the diagram every.single.time. Somehow my brain just does not want to retain this little function....that's just a prelude though...
After the sewing machine was set up for me, I was able to finish Christmas gifts for my three nieces. This idea came from Handmade Home by Amanda Soule, and seemed like a good idea since most kids like their names posted on a bedroom door or above their bed, giving them a sense of private space, a place of their own. At least I did...So with a bit of scrap wool, pretty cotton scraps that were thrifted, and some mediocre letter-sewing, some handmade Christmas gifts are now in route to my dear nieces.
Lars helped too : )







No comments:

Post a Comment